With our SmartPeep AI-Elderly Sitter System, we took home the second prize under the Technology & Innovation category in the 1st Healthy Aging Prize for Asian Innovation (HAPI) year 2020! Thank you Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), the Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE) and Japanese government for recognising our product, AI technology and innovation in addressing the challenges of aging in our communities.
Awards were presented in three categories, including Technology & Innovation, Community-Based Initiatives, and Supporting Self-Reliance. A total of 10 awardees have been shortlisted from more than 130 applicants from 12 countries and regions.
We sincerely congratulate all grand prize and second prize winners!
Grand prize winners:
- Technology & Innovation: Foundation for Older Persons' Development (FOPDEV) | Thailand,
- Community-Based initiatives: HelpAge International in Vietnam | Vietnam,
- Supporting Self-Reliance: Komagane City | Japan.
Second prize winners:
- SmartPeep | Singapore & Malaysia
- Bueng Yitho Municipality | Thailand
- Grundtvig.inc | Japan
- Help Without Frontiers Foundation; forOldy Project | Thailand
- Indonesia Ramah Lansia (IRL Foundation) | Indonesia
- Korea Association of Senior Welfare Centers (KASWC) | South Korea
- Vietnam Association of the Elderly | Vietnam
SmartPeep is an AI health-tech company that develops automated monitoring systems to prevent accidents and assist healthcare professionals to respond better towards patients and elderly especially with higher fall risk and low mobility. It helps ease the strain on taking care of the patients and senior residents.
About Healthy Aging Prize for Asian Innovation (HAPI)
HAPI is an award program designed to recognize and amplify innovative policies, programs, services, and products that address the challenges facing aging societies. This prize is an initiative of the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) and the Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE), carried out under the auspices of the Japanese government’s Asia Health and Wellbeing Initiative (AHWIN). The selection committee for the award was formed with an international committee of experts.
#HealthyAging #AgingPopulation #HonorableAwards #LongTermCareFacility #ElderlyCare #SafeAging #SmartPeepAIElderlySitterSystem